La Suprema Lunch: Social Capital: Bridging Networks & Strengthening Innovation Across Borders
Time & Location
About the Event
We are thrilled to have Stephanie Bermudez, Founder and CEO of Startup Unidos hosting La Suprema Lunch! This will be a virtual event, streaming live on Zoom and Facebook Live.
In this presentation, you can expect the following:
- Hear how a startup for startups leveraged connections to help shape an innovation cross-border network
- Discover how social capital was applied as the key driver in multicultural community development
- Explore how social capital supports with inclusivity across diverse networks
- Learn about proven principles and how to build or leverage social capital that is tailored to your unique traits and interests
- Walk-a-way feeling more confident about building social capital everyday in newfound ways
Stephanie Bermudez, Founder & CEO at Startup Unidos Stephanie Bermudez, is an Ambos Nogales native and latinx innovator, who has invested 15 years in understanding the local culture, building relationships and earning the respect and loyalty of people and organizations at all levels of society. Her innovative ideas create cross-border communities and environments that expand on binational relationships to encourage collaboration and co-inspiration. She focuses on building up entrepreneurial communities and networks; including events, training, consulting and research that extends beyond Southern Arizona.
Stephanie displays unwavering commitment to make an impact and is passionate about taking her experiences and shaping binational business opportunities with Mexico and the United States. She is actively working with startups and aspiring youth across the Arizona-Sonora by developing and implementing Startup Unidos entrepreneurial and workforce education, capacity building and youth programs; such as, Waste Not: Borderlands Innovations in Food Waste Management and Emprende Amigo.
She is an honored community leader and has been recognized extensively throughout her career, most recent awards include; February 2020, Top 20 Woman of Impact by Tucson Lifestyle Magazine; March 2019 Minority Business Owner of the Year, Inside Tucson Business Women of Impact; October 2018 TENWEST Idea Funding, Larry Hecker and Sherry Hoskinson Bright Futures Award; December 2016 Arizona Daily Star and Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce as 40 under 40 Woman of the Year.